"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn
Please call or email to make an appointment with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Translation Services Available
Interpreter and translation services are available upon request. Please call the Counseling Center secretary to arrange for an interpreter/translator. 801-826-7120
School Counselor Week Reflection
A couple of our Canyons District counselors were on Good Things Utah talking about how parents can help their students be successful and prepare for College & Career Readiness. Check it out HERE.
5 Things School Counselors Want Parents to Know:
1. Teach your kids how to study: How many of you ask you kids if they have homework? There is always something they can read, study and prepare for.
2. Support your kids in becoming resilient: Allow them to grow and succeed on their own merit. Tell them they can do hard things. Every student is at a different level of challenge.
3. Be supportive & proactive in your kid’s education: Know who their teachers are and how to contact them. Know how to use your school’s web based grading system. Check your child’s grades regularly. Understand the importance of daily attendance.
4. Use your resources: Your School Counselor is your #1 resource
5. It is never to early to start preparing for College and Career Readiness: There’s is a path for every student in Utah after high school. Let your counselor help you explore your options.
First Generation College Students
Please call your counselor if you would like your student will be a first-generation college graduate - and if you would like him/her to participate in this group. The Counseling Center number can be found at the top of this page.