Please call or email to make an appointment with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
To visit the Indian Hills Middle School website, please click here.
Upcoming opportunity - teen health summit
8th Grade Planning for college & Career Readiness (PCCR)
The state-mandated 8th grade Planning for College & Career Readiness (PCCR) meetings have gone virtual this year! We have created a short Canvas course (it’s mostly just a short Google Slides presentation), with links for additional information. To prepare your student for their 9th grade registration (coming soon!), there is a short 9th grade planning assignment and survey that are required and need to be submitted by December 4, 2020. Any student who finishes the PCCR module on or before the Dec 4 deadline will be entered into a drawing for prizes!
Interpreter and translation services are available upon request. Please call the Counseling Center secretary to arrange for an interpreter/translator. 801-826-7120
School Counselor Week Reflection
A couple of our Canyons District counselors were on Good Things Utah talking about how parents can help their students be successful and prepare for College & Career Readiness. Check it out HERE.
5 Things School Counselors Want Parents to Know:
1. Teach your kids how to study: How many of you ask you kids if they have homework? There is always something they can read, study and prepare for.
2. Support your students in becoming resilient: Allow them to grow and succeed on their own merit. Tell them they can do hard things. Every student is at a different level of challenge.
3. Be supportive & proactive in your student’s education: Know who their teachers are and how to contact them. Know how to use your school’s web based grading system. Check your child’s grades regularly. Understand the importance of daily attendance.
4. Use your resources: Your School Counselor is your #1 resource for school planning.
5. It is never too early to start preparing for College and Career Readiness: There is a path for every student in Utah after high school. Let your counselor help you explore your options.